11/28/12

Christmas All Through The House--The Front Living Room

And now we are moving out of the dining room and on into the front living room...
 Oh wait. Before we leave I want to mention one thing...everything we typically have on the walls gets removed and something Christmas-y gets put in its place:
 On these walls I have a old pictures of a Christmas scene and a poster from a play Lu was in years ago:
 Ok, lets continue on...The tree is the same as we have every single year, filled with old, new and handmade ornaments. We can spend a lot of time walking around it and remembering.
 Its sorts of crazy looking, but its so much ours and I love it.
 Totally should've had a fire going...
 The Santa collection still makes me happy...



It just all comes together on this table, more so than if I had them all scattered everywhere through out the house.

The old gumball machine filled with the tiny Shiny Brites drives Bud to distraction. He keeps asking if he can put a coin in and get one out. To which I say no. I am assuming this will happen in secret at some point before it gets packed away again, but one can only hope that the 7 year old finds it within himself to show some restraint.
 The mantle was really throwing me for a loop this year. Until we decided it needed more light and more red and there you go. If I come across some more unique looking candles I will be adding a few more.

This was what the front room looked like exactly one week ago...


And today...


Next tour will take us through the kitchen and into the back living room!